More and more women are realizing that breast augmentation can make a dramatic difference to the way they look. This cosmetic surgery procedure can give them a fuller bust line, restructure breasts that have lost their shape due to breast feeding, correct a deformity that is congenital or caused by disease, and restore proportion. Once they decide to go in for the surgery, one of the first questions that women tend to ask is ‘How much does breast augmentation surgery cost'? The cost is actually related to many factors as discussed below.
Factors influencing the Cost of Breast Enhancement
• The surgeon: The fee of an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon would be higher than that of a surgeon without these credentials.
• Other factors: Besides the surgeon's fee, the cost of breast augmentation surgery depends on operating room expenses, the anesthesiologist's fee and follow-up visits.
• Surgical facility: Breast augmentation surgery performed in a hospital is more expensive than when it is done in the surgeon's office surgical suite.
• Region: The cost of the surgical procedure differs by state and even by area. The expense is generally higher in big cities and affluent areas.
• Type of implant: You can have silicone or saline breast implants. Silicone breast implants feel more like natural breast tissue and cost more than saline implants which are filled with saline through a valve. The cost could range from $5,500 to $9,500 for silicone gel implants. Saline implants would cost about $1000 dollars less.
• The procedure: The cost is influenced by the type of procedure you have. Your skin, anatomy, the way incisions are placed, and the implant method would all have a bearing on the cost. Procedures that are more complicated and take more time would cost more.
• Additional procedures: If an additional procedure like a breast lift is done along with breast enhancement, the cost would go up.
• Tests and prescriptions: Prescriptions for medication, post-surgery garments and medical tests would add to the total cost.
When you go in for breast augmentation, cost should not be the only factor that governs your decisions. The credentials, skill and experience of the surgeon in this area of plastic surgery need to be considered if you want the best results. Find a board-certified surgeon you are comfortable with and discuss all matters relating to cost before you have your cosmetic breast surgery.
Most board-certified surgeons have AAAASF (American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities) accredited centers with well-equipped operating suites located inside the office. They would also have a skilled surgical team that includes board-certified anesthesiologists. All this is important for a safe and comfortable experience.
Financing options with convenient monthly payments are widely available for plastic surgery. If the breast surgery procedure is performed out of necessity to improve a deformity present at birth or one caused by an accident or disease, you can get insurance coverage.
Besides considering how much breast augmentation will cost, it is important to educate yourself about the procedure and look at the before and after pictures of your surgeon's patients to understand your options and the results you can expect.
Dr. Sean Boutros at the AAASF certified Houston Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery Center in Houston, TX performs safe breast augmentation surgery procedure to create a more natural and softer breast. Call 713-791-0700 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sean Boutros. Visit http://www.drseanboutros.com for more details.