For people who are into weight training, Micellar casein forms an important part of their diet. It is milk protein concentrate containing casein and whey in the ratio 80:20. While casein forms 80 percent, whey constitutes the remaining 20 percent. Due to its nutritional values and ability to maintain steady amino acid boosting for several hours, this protein supplement comes as one of the most popular choice among athletes and bodybuilders. Unlike other protein supplements which are easily digested, this protein has longer amino acid boosting capabilities.
For those people who hit the gym in the evening, they can take this supplement before going to bed. Micellar Casein is highly anti-catabolic and is released slowly and gradually into the body. Studies have shown that it takes up to eight hours for the body to fully absorb this protein. As such, it is released into the body during your sleep and when your body and muscles are at rest. It can also be used soon after your workout session or as a breakfast supplement.
This protein supplement has a high content of glutamine, which forms the most abundant amino acid in humans. This amino acid is vital for muscle growth and repair of damaged muscle tissues. This explains why it is a popular supplement for weight trainers and sportsmen. The scoring points for protein supplements include the number of amino acids present, digestibility, and absorbability. Casein supplement scores high in the last two categories.
Many manufacturers realizing the importance of casein have started producing Micellar casein supplements. These products are available online and hence provide for convenient shopping. You can easily locate an online seller of this product by running a search on Google. You may also find discounted products online. Products descriptions and other relevant information can also be found on these sites. They can be bought by a mere click of the mouse. And the online store will deliver the product to your doorstep.
This supplement is mostly available in powder form. You can mix it with milk, juice or even plain water to form a protein shake diet.