Thrush is a condition caused by an overgrowth of a yeast fungus known as Candida Albicans. Although it can be the cause of much irritation and inconvenience, it is rarely serious. There are many ways to treat the condition. The most common ways are a consultation with a family physician and the use of the doctor prescribed and over-the-counter medications. But there are also many ways to treat the condition from home.
Thrush typically appears as milky white patches on the sides of the throat and mouth. Additionally, the throat and tongue may show red spots. Besides the mouth, this condition, known medically as Candidiasis, can also take place in the colon and vagina. The most common symptoms of which are burning, itching, and discomfort.
It is strongly advised to consult your doctor if this is your first bout with the condition or if you have had more than a few outbreaks. Because thrush shares many of the same symptoms as other more serious illnesses, it's important to rule these other conditions out before setting on a proper course of treatment.
How To Treat Oral Thrush
• Decrease the intake of carbohydrates and sweets from your daily diet because they both contribute to the growth of Candida.
• Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to about half a cup of warm water. Then rinse out the mouth out with this mixture. Do this up to 4 times daily.
• Take garlic pills or incorporate garlic into your diet.
• There are certain herbs that inhibit the growth of Candida. Do a search online for those suitable for you. Live acidophilus cultures also prevent the growth of Candida. So, either eat plain yogurt or take acidophilus pills.
How To Treat Vaginal Thrush
• Take a very warm bath.
• Menstruation also helps because it adjusts the vaginal pH level, which disrupts the infection's ability to survive and grow.
• Don't use lubricants, spermicidal creams, and latex condoms.
• Make sure the affected area stays clean by washing with warm water.
• Don't use soaps, bath and shower gels, and deodorants on the affected area.
• Keep the affected area as clean and dry as possible by wearing breathable fabrics and clothes that are loose fitted.
• Stress is often a contributing factor in the onset of thrush, so do what you can to avoid triggers of stress.
• Drink cranberry juice.
• Melaleuca Oil or tea tree oil is a good remedy for a case of persistent thrush.
• Avoid steroid therapy, oral contraceptives, alcohol, antibiotics, and sugar. If you suffer from anemia, iron deficiency, or diabetes, take steps to get these conditions under control.
• Plain yogurt and Aloe Vera gel can be applied to the affected area. Avoid drinks and foods made that contain yeast.
• Avoid diary foods, mushrooms, pickles, smoked fish and meat, and monosodium glutamate.
Points of Interest
• Thrush typically occurs with people who have a compromised immune system and in the mouth of and infants.
• It is often the case that when a newborn infant suffers this condition, the mother will also have a vaginal yeast infection.
• Prolonged use of potent antibiotics can also be a trigger for this condition because the antibiotics can eliminate the normally healthy bacteria present in the body. The body needs these healthy bacteria in order to keep the yeast from growing and spreading into an infection. Make sure to consult your doctor before stopping the use of antibiotics, though.
• If you are just beginning a long treatment of antibiotics, ask your physician what can be done to possibly avoid the use of these drugs.
• Diabetics may suffer frequent outbreaks of thrush if their blood sugar levels become elevated.
• Thrush is often a sign of a more widespread yeast overgrowth. For this reason, it is strongly advised to follow a diet restricted of the foods mentioned above for at least 4 weeks.
• To avoid future cases of thrush, acidophilus supplements support the growth of healthy bacteria in the body.
Best Cure Yeast Infection Guide and other Related Resources:
Yeast Infection No More ebook is 150 pages of easy to read detail and information about yeast infections and how to treat them 100% naturally. There are no drugs to take or creams to apply; just a solid 5 Step System to rid you of your infection.
How to Cure Candida is an excellent e-book for anyone searching for a good, comprehensive resource for diagnosing, explaining, and treating candida. Whether you are looking for something that will actually finally cure a chronic vaginal infection, or are just curious about the kinds of problems candida can cause and how it causes them, this book can help.
Cure Yeast Infection Fast is a thorough guide that you can use to locate the root cause of your yeast infection, and see positive results within just twelve hours of commencing the program. If you have had enough of going around in circles spending money on prescription or over the counter medications that only reduce the symptoms rather than providing you with a real cure, then Cure Yeast Infection Fast is for you.